Did You Know ?
- There are 2.5 million women veterans in the United States.
- More women veterans are homeless than men.
- More women veterans commit suicide than men.
- Most women veterans do not access their benefits through the VA.
- 345,000 women have deployed since 9/11
Meet Barbara E. Giordano
Barbara was a woman who possessed a keen intellect, a creative, yet solid, approach to problem-solving coupled with a child-like sense of wonder. It was her dedication to bringing holistic health education programs to women, prior to her passing in 1996, that serves as the inspiration for and spirit of this foundation.
Meet Tashany Myers, US Army
Tashany Myers who is a US Army nurse and instructor. She is also an adviser to the Barbara Giordano Foundation and works at the James J. Peters VA facility in the Bronx. She is an incredible woman who has dedicated her life to our nation and fellow women veterans. We are honored to have her on our Board.